Secretary's Office of the RL Dynamics and Vibrations
PERSONAL DATA AND ACADEMIC CURRICULUM
• Born in Bergamo the 29th of August 1968
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano in 1992
• Full Professor of Applied Mechanics
• Rector of Politecnico di Milano since January 1st 2017
• Head of Mechanical Department (2008 – 2016)
• Rector delegate for the technological transfer and research innovation (2012-2016)
• Member of the Board of the Study Programme in Automation Engineering, in Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering
• Member of the Board of the PhD in Engineering of Mechanical Systems
• Head of the Mechatronics Program of the Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Representative of Politecnico di Milano at the Incubator and Italian Academic Business Plan Competition association PNIcube
• Member of the Advisory Board of Polihub - Politecnico di Milano
• Member of the Scientific Committee of PoliFab – Politecnico di Milano
• Member of the Direction Comittee – Framework Agreement between Politecnico di Milano and Artsana Spa, Biochemtex Spa, ENI Spa, Finmeccanica Spa, ITER Srl, Pirelli Tyres Spa, Solvay Italy Spa, TCI Telecomunicazioni Italia Srl, Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo.
• Member of the Steering Commitee of the Joint Research Center on Transportation founded by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana, Trenitalia, Bombardier, AnsaldoBreda, ABB, Fondazione Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Milano
• Member of Cluster Tecnologico Nazionale Trasporti Italia 2020
• Founder of TIVET and E-Co, spin-off of Politecnico di Milano.
• Dynamics of machines and mechanical/electromechanical systems
• Mechanics of road and rail vehicles
• Control and actuation systems for industrial automation, robotics
• Mechatronics and vibration control
• Fluid-structure interaction and wind engineering
Research activity has led to more than 220 scientific papers on both national and international journals as well as 7 patents.