Secretary's Office of the RL Manufacturing and Production System
• Since 1991 Full Professor of Manufacturing and Production Systems at Politecnico di Milano
• 2002-2010 Dean of the School of Ingegneria industrial (Engineering for Industry) at Politecnico di Milano
• 2001-2004 President of AITeM,-Associazione Italiana di Tecnologia Meccanica (Italian Manufacturing Association)
• 1997-2002 President of the Ingegneria meccanica (Mechanical Engineering) Faculty at Politecnico di Milano
• 1991-2002 Member of the Scientific Board of the ITIA-CNR Institute
• 1988-1994 Scientific Secretary and Member of the Architecture and Engineering Research Advisory Board of CNR (National Research Council of Italy)
• 1990-1991 Full Professor Candidate of Manufacturing and President of the of Ingegneria meccanica (Mechanical Engineering) Faculty at Università degli Studi di Cassino
• 1986-1990 Associate Professor of Manufacturing at Politecnico di Milano.
• 1980 Visiting Research fellow at Department of Industrial and System Engineering, Pennsylvania State University,
• 1978-86 Professore incaricato (Assistant Professor) of Manufacturing at Università degli Studi di Bari and Politecnico di Milano
• 1975 Graduated cum Laude in Mechanical Engineering at Università degli Studi di Bari
He published more than 160 papers, mostly on refereed Journals, about Production Systems, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering.
Since 1978 he gave courses about Production Management, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering and Design and Analysis of Experiments.
He is consultant for MIUR (Italian Education and Research Department), MISE (Italian Economic Development Department), Italian Regional Agencies and Banks for the evaluation of funded innovation projects. He also has several consultancy activities for private Companies.