via La Masa, 34 20156 Milano - Italy
The laboratory facilities (more than 1200 sensors, calibration and loading devices) allow performing static and dynamic tests on elements with scales ranging from millimeters to hundreds of meters. Vision-based measuring devices allow the 3D motion estimation and the reconstruction of shape and strain conditions. Fit for purpose measurement systems can be developed according to the customers’ requests.
NDT qualification conforming to EN 473, ISO 9712 and SNT-TC-1° in testing by electrical resistance strain
gauges (Level 1 and Level 2).
Accredited laboratory for acceleration transducer calibration: Settore Accelerometria of Politecnico di
Milano, Laboratorio Accreditato di Taratura LAT 104.
ABB, AgustaWestland, Comune di Milano, Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano, Of cine Galileo, ASI (Agenzia Spaziale Italiana), ESA (European Space Agency).
Instrumentation & Facilities
- Electrodynamic shakers - max force 25 kN @ 3.5 kHz.
- 3D Digital Image Correlation (DIC) systems for 3D strain field reconstruction.
- 3D vision-based scanners with customized working volume.
- Infrared imaging for contactless thermal field measurements and non-destructive defect detection.
- Scanning Laser-Doppler vibrometer for the modal analysis of mechanical systems.
- Thermo-vacuum chamber for characterization of material and structure between -180 and 200°C.
- Instrumentation for mechanical, thermal and acoustic measurements.
Large structures dynamic testing and monitoring
- Bridges dynamic testing with natural or artificial excitation.
- Modal analysis and operational modal analysis.
- Large dynamic exciters for civil structure excitation.
- Long-term continuous structures monitoring.
Artistic and historical landmarks monitoring and protection
- Historical and artistic structures monitoring.
- Statue vibration and seismic isolation.
- Long-term continuous monitoring.
Vision-based measuring systems
- 3D shape reconstruction with stereoscopy or structured light projection.
- Contactless measurement of strain field for mechanical analysis, such as welded joints analysis or composite material testing.
- Failure analysis of civil structures and concrete beams.
- Remote monitoring of bridges vibration by means of vision devices.
- Dynamic measurement of structures vibration, including harsh environment measurements like helicopter blades tracking during operation.
Measurements for space
- Development of FTIR spectrometers for remote planetary observation.
- Development of imaging devices for space missions.
- Characterization of materials in cryogenic conditions.
- Qualification of components for space missions.