via La Masa, 1 20156 Milano - Italy
The laboratory is equipped with multi-range servo- hydraulic actuators and others facilities to perform tests on full-scale components and structures. The equipment includes servo-controllers, load cells, electrodynamic shakers, modular constraint systems, various transducers (pressure, temperature, displace- ment, acceleration, strain, etc.), with dedicated signal conditioners and acquiring systems.
The laboratory is compliant with AgustaWestland quality standard requirements.
AgustaWestland, Cifa, ENI, Pirelli, Ferrari
Instrumentation & Facilities
Special set-ups for full-scale component testing:
- Servo-hydraulic actuators (max force 1000 kN).
- Electrodynamic shakers (max force 25 kN).
- Controllers for servo-hydraulic actuators: single and multichannel (MTS 407, MTS Flex Test IIm, MTS Aero GT, MTS Flex Test SE, etc.).
- Constraint systems with treaded holes or grooves and steel beams to built customized frames for full-scale tests.
Other equipment and devices:
- Load cells.
- Displacement transducers.
- Rotation transducers.
- Pressure and temperature transducers.
- Systems for data analysis.
- Systems for stain measurements.
Single and multi-actuator tests on mechanical components and large-scale structures
- Fatigue tests to define the life of a component.
- Application of a load spectrum to simulate a real stress condition.
- Static and dynamic tests to verify the integrity of components and large-scale structures subjected to the real operating conditions.
- Detection and monitoring of crack propagation during a fatigue test (non-destructive methods, microscope, crack gauges, etc.).
- Determination of the influence of several technological parameters on the fatigue resistance.
Fatigue tests for biomedical applications
- Static and fatigue tests to verify the resistance of limb prosthesis.
- Performance optimization of leg prosthesis for sportive applications.
Dynamical characterization of components
- Tests to analyze the dynamical behavior (frequency response, mechanical impedance, fatigue resistance, etc.) of components and systems using electromechanical shakers.
- Development of control systems for damping of vibrations on “Smart structures”.