With the Ministerial Decree n. 1061 dated August 10th 2021, new ESF REACT-EU resources have been assigned for active and accredited PhD programs within the XXXVII cycle and for national doctoral programs.
The additional call for the XXXVII cycle is available on the PhD School website.
Candidates to our PhD programme can apply to one of the 12 research topic scholarships available (net amount €1,325 per month + scholarship raise in case of periods abroad and research budget) within the following research area:
Area 1. Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (5 scholarships):
- Multi-functional metallic and hybrid materials
- Thermo-mechanical application of lightweight lattice structures with potential for carbon dioxide emissions mitigation
- Investigation of the mechanical behavior and monitoring techniques for hydrogen pressure vessels when subjected to extreme loading conditions
- Green and recycled polymer composites: mechanical performance assessment, to extend their industrial applications
- Advanced numerical modelling of floating off-shore wind turbine
Area 2. Sustainable Mobility (2 scholarships):
- Environmental and economic efficiency of public transport networks
- Analysis and design of bimodal trains
Area 3. Engineering Design and Manufacturing for the Industry of the Future (5 scholarships):
- Demanufacturing and remanufacturing of high value optoelectronics components
- Circular economy in the sheet metal forming industry
- Tread optimization to reduce microplastic pollution
- Smart systems for a sustainable aluminium production
- Deep-learning approaches to minimize waste generation in manufacturing field
Candidates must apply within the online services of the Politecnico di Milano (please make sure you register in order to get your person code and password before applying): www.polimi.it - Tools - Online services - Application forms - Application for "bandi aggiuntivi" PhD programmes.
The deadline to apply is October 18th 2021 at 2:00 PM (Italian time)
Please click the link above in order to have more detailed information. If you need to learn more you can also write to phd-dmec(at)polimi.it.
The programme will start in November 2021.